Tuesday, March 1, 2011

About Kids Meditation


Hello!  I’m Zemirah.  It is my absolute pleasure to share these resources, ideas and activities with all of you.  I have spent many years studying and practicing relaxation techniques.  As a parent, storyteller, musician and school psychologist, I marvel and am deeply inspired on a daily basis as I encounter so much wisdom within the minds of children.  When I was a little girl and really until young adulthood, I struggled with anxiety that took many forms.  At the age of 23 I was handed a prescription and told by a therapist that I would probably always need to use it.  That was the day I set out searching and experimenting with every relaxation method I could get my hands on.  Eventually, after a couple years of trial and error, I found a set of techniques that worked for me and have been using them ever since.  Although I am completedly supportive of the use of medication when necessary, I never needed to use the prescription.  When my daughter also experienced anxiety and required intervention,  I realized and deeply felt and understood that sharing and making this information accessible to others,particularly children, was one of my life passions and purposes.  
I have spent the last ten years in inner city schools collaborating and sharing this information with children of all ages.  I currently live in Boulder, Colorado where I continue my daily experiementation with various forms of relaxation techniques, mindfulness practice, the structuring of a positive mind, conscious dance and yoga.  I hope this site is helpful for you and the children in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment